Hi all,

We have installed Cassandra on Windows and found that with any number of
Cassandra (single, or 3 node cluster) on Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008,
32 or 64 bit, with any load or number of requests we, have:

When client and server are on the same machine, connect/read/write latencies
~0-1ms
When client on another machine, same network, on the same switch, connection
latency 0-1ms (as a ping), read/write latencies >=200ms.

What causes 200ms latency accessing Cassandra on Windows through network? Does
anybody experience such behavior?

Cassandra 0.6.1
Java SE 6 u20

Best regards,