Apologies : For some reason my response on the original mail keeps bouncing
back, thus this new one!
> From the other hand, the same article says:
> "For conditional writes to work, the condition must be evaluated at all
update
> sites before the write can be allowed to succeed."
>
> This means, that when doing such an update CL=ALL must be used

Sorry, but I am confused by that entire thread!

Questions:-
1. Does Cassandra implement any kind of data locking - at any granularity
whether it be row/colF/Col ?
2. If the answer to 1 above is NO! - how does CL ALL prevent conflicts.
Concurrent updates on exactly the same piece of data on different nodes can
still mess each other up, right ?

-JA