You don't give many details, but I would guess:

- your benchmark is not multithreaded
- mongodb is not configured for durable writes, so you're really only
measuring the time for it to buffer it in memory
- you haven't loaded enough data to hit "mongo's index doesn't fit in
memory anymore"

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra