I have a 4 node ring that was  setup with tokens a,b,c,d using NTS and
2 nodes in each of 2 datacenters with a replication of DC1:1, DC2:1.
I was getting uneven replica placement so I did a drop keyspace,
followed by a nodetool move to DC1 having tokens (a,b) and DC2 having
tokens (a+1,b+1) , then I removed the old data directory and recreated
the keyspace.

This has resolved my uneven replication, but now on one of my nodes I
consistently get these errors.

ERROR [RequestResponseStage:1] 2011-05-08 20:52:28,824
DebuggableThreadPoolExecutor.java (line 103) Error in
ThreadPoolExecutor
java.lang.AssertionError
        at
org.apache.cassandra.service.ReadCallback.response(ReadCallback.java:127)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.net.ResponseVerbHandler.doVerb(ResponseVerbHandler.java:49)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.net.MessageDeliveryTask.run(MessageDeliveryTask.java:72)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

I dont know if i ... shutdown the node in the middle of one of the
earlier operations or what.  It seems to insert data fine, and my
distribution is very even.

What is this error, what is causing it, and how do i fix it?

Thanks
-Eric