From: aaron morton [mailto:aa...@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:29 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Finding big rows

I'm not aware of anything to find the row sizes, and your code looks like a
good approach. Converting the key bytes to a string only makes sense if your
app is doing the same thing.

In the cli try using one of the data type functions to format the key the same
way as your app is, e.g. get FooCF[utf8('my-key')]

The main limitation on Super Columns is that Sub columns are not indexed
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/CassandraLimitations. If you have a huge row
use the get_slice() api call to get back slices of columns. The cli does not
support slicing columns.

Hope that helps.
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer