If you have spinning disk and 1G networking and no virtual nodes, I would still
say 300G to 500G is a soft limit.

If you are using virtual nodes, SSD, JBOD disk configuration or faster
networking you may go higher.

The limiting factors are the time it take to repair, the time it takes to
replace a node, the memory considerations for 100's of millions of rows. If you
the performance of those operations is acceptable to you, then go crazy.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand