Hmmmm, my upgrade completed and then I added node back in and ran my repair.
What is weird is that my nreldata column family still shows 156Meg of memory
still(down from 2 gig though!!) in use and a false positive ratio of .99576
when I have the filter completely disabled(ie. Set to 1.0).  I see the
*Filter.db files on disk(and size approximately matches the in-memory size).  I
tried restarting the node as well.

1. Can I stop the node, delete the *Filter.db files and restart the node(is
this safe)???
2. Why do I have 5 gig being eaten up by cassandra?  "nodetool info" memory
5.2Gig, key cache:11 meg and row cache 0 bytes.   All bloomfilters are also
small <1meg.

Exception to #2 is I have nreldata still using 156MB for some reason but still
no where close to 5.2 gig that nodetool shows in use.

Thanks,
Dean

Bloom Filter Space Used: 2318392048<tel:2318392048>
Just to be sane do a quick check of the -Filter.db files on disk for this CF.
If they are very small try a restart on the node.

Number of Keys (estimate): 1249133696
Hey a billion rows on a node, what an age we live in :)

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com<http://www.thelastpickle.com/>

On 23/02/2013, at 4:35 AM, "Hiller, Dean"
<dean.hil...@nrel.gov<mailto:dean.hil...@nrel.gov><mailto:dean.hil...@nrel.gov<mailto:dean.hil...@nrel.gov>>>
 wrote:

So in the cli, I ran

update column family nreldata with bloom_filter_fp_chance=1.0;

Then I ran

nodetool upgradesstables databus5 nreldata;

But my bloom filter size is still around 2gig(and I want to free up this
heap)!!!! According to nodetool cfstats command…

Column Family: nreldata
SSTable count: 10
Space used (live): 96841497731
Space used (total): 96841497731