1) we tried to run repairs but they usually does not succeed. But we had
Leveled compaction before. Last week we ALTER tables to STCS, because guys
from DataStax suggest us that we should not use Leveled and alter tables in
STCS, because we don't have SSD. After this change we did not run any
repair. Anyway I don't think it will change anything in SSTable count - if
I am wrong please give me an information

2) I did this. My tables are 99% write only. It is audit system

3) Yes I am using default values

4) In both operations I am using LOCAL_QUORUM.

I am almost sure that READ timeout happens because of too much SSTables.
Anyway firstly I would like to fix to many pending compactions. I still
don't know how to speed up them.