From: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re:Unexplained query slowness

Our Cassandra database just rolled to live last night. I’m looking at our query
performance, and overall it is very good, but perhaps 1 in 10,000 queries takes
several hundred milliseconds (up to a full second). I’ve grepped for GC in the
system.log on all nodes, and there aren’t any recent GC events. I’m executing
~500 queries per second, which produces negligible load and CPU utilization. I
have very minimal writes (one every few minutes). The slow queries are across
the board. There isn’t one particular query that is slow.

I’m running 2.0.12 with SSD’s. I’ve got a 10 node cluster with RF=3.

I have no idea where to even begin to look. Any thoughts on where to start
would be greatly appreciated.

Robert