On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 8:50 AM, Matthew Johnson <matt.john...@algomi.com>
wrote:

> Unfortunately it seems that I was misinformed on the “dynamically creating
> timeseries columns” feature, and that this WAS deprecated in CQL3 – in
> order to dynamically create columns I would have to issue an ‘ALTER TABLE’
> statement for every new column. I read one suggestions which is to use
> collections instead - so basically have a single pre-defined column which
> is a Map, say, and then add ‘timestamp : value’ into that map instead of a
> new column for every timestamp. Would you say this is an acceptable
> approach?

Depending on the data model and the queries your application will use,
you'll be using either clustering columns or collections (or a
combination). If you need help modeling, you could start a new thread with
the relevant details and I'm pretty sure you'll get some good suggestions
here.

--
Bests,

Alex Popescu | @al3xandru