Thanks. So supplying the timestamp with the update (via using) should fix
that, right? (By skipping updates where lastModified < dbLastModified).

I'm currently doing TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS.toMicros(  myDate.getTime() ) and
that has worked for inserts, however how do I verify that future updates
are ignored and aren't run again?