Scalability of Cassandra refers primarily to number of rows and number of
nodes - to add more data, add more nodes.

Column families? As opposed to tables? Are you using Thrift instead of
CQL3? You should be focusing on the latter, not the former.

But either way, the general guidance is that there is no absolute limit of
tables per se, but "low hundreds" is the recommended limit, regardless of
whether how many key spaces they may be divided between. More than that is
an anti-pattern for Cassandra - maybe you can make it work for your
application, but it isn't recommended.

A successful Cassandra deployment is critically dependent on careful data
modeling - who is responsible for modeling each of these tables, you and a
single, tightly-knit team with very common interests and very specific
goals and SLAs or many different developers with different managers with
different goals such as SLAs?

When you say multi-tenant, are you simply saying that each of your
organization's customers has their data segregated, or does each customer
have direct access to the cluster?

-- Jack Krupansky