One option: use process explorer to find out the TID's of the java process (
instructions
<https://superuser.com/questions/462969/how-can-i-view-the-active-threads-of-a-running-program>),
screen cap that, then also run jstack against the running cassandra process
out to a file a few times (instructions
<https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/tools/share/jstack.html>).

We should be able to at least link up the TID to the hex thread # in the
jstack output to figure out who/what is spinning on there.