@Rob interesting something i will try next time, for step 3 you mentioned
-- I just remove the -Dcassandra.join_ring=false option and restart the
cassandra service?

@Anuj, gc_grace_seconds dictates how long hinted handoff are stored right.
These might be good where we explicitly delete values from the table. we
just have ttl and DTCS should delete data older than 1 month. In this case
do i need to wipe the node and then start copy of key space again ? or can
i run a repair once it joins the right with auto_bootstrap=false.