On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Anuj Wadehra <anujw_2...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> I would like to understand how various users are dealing with the
> situation. Are you upgrading Cassandra every 3-6 mths? How do you cut short
> your planning,test and release cycles for Cassandra upgrades in your
> application/products?

I upgrade Cassandra an average of once a year.

I don't run X.Y.Z versions where Z is under 6, so in general this does not
result in me not-running-a-version-I-otherwise-would-have for longer than a
few months each year.

There is really not that much penalty to being behind the curve, in fact
there is often a significant penalty to being on the cutting edge.

=Rob