On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Anuj Wadehra <anujw_2...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> *"Unfortunately how to get firm agreement  on what criteria should be used
> to judge "Production Ready" is unclear."*

Only you know how comfortable you are with the various types of risk that
are involved in a particular version choice given the requirements of your
business.

I agree that it is difficult to understand based on the project's approach
to bugfixes and what makes a change bugfix or not, especially late in the
lifetime of a given major version.

My rule of thumb and experience historically with Cassandra is that the
cost of being slightly behind the curve is lower than the cost of being at
the cutting edge. A number of my clusters are 1.2.x and run fine, I am in
no particular rush to upgrade them. When I do, I will do so very quickly
from 1.2 to 2.0 to 2.1. New clusters I deploy on 2.1, and would likely do
2.2 soon.

=Rob