From: Robert Coli [mailto:rc...@eventbrite.com]
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2016 1:28 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Restart Cassandra automatically

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 8:26 PM, Debraj Manna
<subharaj.ma...@gmail.com<mailto:subharaj.ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:

What is the best way to keep cassandra running? My requirement is if for some
reason cassandra stops then it should get started automatically.
I recommend against this mode of operation. When automatically restarting, you
have no idea how long Cassandra has been stopped and for what reason. In some
cases, you really do not want it to start up and attempt to participate in
whatever cluster it was formerly participating in.

I understand this creates a support overhead, especially with very large
clusters, but it's difficult for me to accept the premise that net operational
safety will be improved by naively restarting nodes.

=Rob

________________________________

The information in this Internet Email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Email by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our
clients any opinions or advice contained in this Email are subject to the terms
and conditions expressed in any applicable governing The Home Depot terms of
business or client engagement letter. The Home Depot disclaims all
responsibility and liability for the accuracy and content of this attachment
and for any damages or losses arising from any inaccuracies, errors, viruses,
e.g., worms, trojan horses, etc., or other items of a destructive nature, which
may be contained in this attachment and shall not be liable for direct,
indirect, consequential or special damages in connection with this e-mail
message or its attachment.