Hi Subharaj,
Cassandra is built to be a Fault tolerant distributed db and suitable for
building HA systems. As Cassandra provides multiple replicas for the same data,
if a single nide goes down in Production, it wont bring down the cluster.
In my opinion, if you target to start one or more failed Cassandra nodes
without investigating the issue, you can damage system health rather than
preserve it.
Please set RF amd CL appropriately to ensure that system can afford node
failures.
ThanksAnuj

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android