Is the node fully healthy or rejecting some requests ?

What are the outputs for "grep -i "ERROR" /var/log/cassandra/system.log"
and "nodetool tpstats"?

Any error? Any pending / blocked or dropped messages?

Also did you try using distinct ports (9160 for thrift, 9042 for native) -
out of curiosity, not sure this will help.

What is your version of cqlsh "cqlsh --version" ?

doesn't work most times. But some time it just work fine

Do you fill like this is due to a timeout (query being too big, cluster
being to busy)? Try setting this higher:

--connect-timeout=CONNECT_TIMEOUT

                        Specify the connection timeout in seconds (default:
5 seconds).

  --request-timeout=REQUEST_TIMEOUT

                        Specify the default request timeout in seconds
(default:
10 seconds).

C*heers,
Alain Rodriguez - al...@thelastpickle.com