Awesone, thanks Bhuvan!

I have not worried about the JMX warning at this stage.

There were two other warnings, but I assume these are due to the size of my
Amazon Linux Image (and are not worth worrying about at this stage).

WARN  17:24:20 Small commitlog volume detected at /var/lib/cassandra/commitlog;
setting commitlog_total_space_in_mb to 1983.  You can override this in
cassandra.yaml

WARN  17:24:20 Only 5.809GiB free across all data volumes. Consider adding more
capacity to your cluster or removing obsolete snapshots

Regarding the commitlog_total_space_in_mb property, I see from the
cassandra.yaml file:

        The default value is the smaller of 8192, and 1/4 of the total space of
the commitlog volume.

Awesome, thanks again.

Steve
—
"Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the
converts; anyone who (1) believes in God, (2) believes in the Last Day, and (3)
leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord; they
have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve." (Quran 2:62, 5:69) …learn more at
www.masjidtucson.org