Just based on a few observations on this list. Not one week goes by without
people asking which release is the most stable on 3.x line. Folks at
instaclustr also provide their own 3.x fork for stability issues. etc

We developers already have enough to think about. I really don't feel like
spending time researching which release of C* I should choose. So for me,
2.2.x is the choice in production.

That being said, I have nothing against 3.x. I do like its new storage
engine. If I start a brand new project today with zero previous C*
experience, I probably would choose 3.0.10 as my starting point. However if
I were to upgrade to 3.x, I would have to test it thoroughly in a dev
environment with real production load and monitor it very closely on
performance, compaction, repair, bootstrap, replacing etc. Data is simply
too important to take chances with.