Hi,

The background story: we are developing an MMO strategy game and every two
week the game world ends and we are starting a new one with a slightly
different new database scheme. So that, we have over ~100 keyspaces in our
cluster and we want to archive the old schemes into a separated Cassandra
node or something else to be available online for support of development.
The archived keyspace is mostly read-only and rarely used (~once a year or
less often).

We've two DC Cassandra cluster with 4-4 nodes, the idea is the following:
we add a new Cassandra node with DC name 'Archive' and change the
replication factor of old keyspaces from {'class':
'NetworkTopologyStrategy', 'DC01': '3', 'DC02': '3'} to {'class':
'NetworkTopologyStrategy', 'Archive': '1'}, and repair the keyspace.

What do you think? Any other idea? :)

Bye,
Gábor Auth