I have a question.

When I change the list of seeds of my cluster, and I activate the log
cassandra in mode TRACE

nodetool setlogginglevel org.apache.cassandra.gms.Gossiper TRACE

I can see that the Gossip Digest does not change at all, and it conserve
the previous seed list. I was surprise to see that and I would like to
understand.

Cassandra only take this change in account when we use the option

JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Dcassandra.load_ring_state=false"

Why doesn't cassandra take in account the new list of seeds in the ossipDigest?

Saludos

Jean Carlo

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" Alan Kay