There's a disheartening amount of "here's where Cassandra is bad, and
here's what it needs to do for me for free" happening in this thread.

This is open-source software. Everyone is *strongly encouraged* to submit a
patch to move the needle on *any* of these things being complained about in
this thread.

For the Apache Way <https://www.apache.org/foundation/governance/> to work,
people need to step up and meaningfully contribute to a project to scratch
their own itch instead of just waiting for a random corporation-subsidized
engineer to happen to have interests that align with them and contribute
that to the project.

Beating a dead horse for things everyone on the project knows are serious
pain points is not productive.