So before buying any marketing claims from Microsoft or whoever, maybe
should you try to use it extensively ?

And talking about backup, have a look at DynamoDB:
http://i68.tinypic.com/n1b6yr.jpg

>From my POV, if a multi-billions company like Amazon doesn't get it right
or can't make it easy for end-user (without involving  an unwieldy Hadoop
machinery:
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/amazondynamodb/latest/developerguide/DynamoDBPipeline.html),
what Cassandra offers in term of back-up restore is more than satisfactory