Thank you to all who replied so far,  thank you Ben for the links you provided!

________________________________
From: Ben Slater <ben.sla...@instaclustr.com>
Sent: Friday, March 9, 2018 12:12:09 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Amazon Time Sync Service + ntpd vs chrony

It is important to make sure you are using the same NTP servers across your
cluster - we used to see relatively frequent NTP issues across our fleet using
default/public NTP servers until (back in 2015) we implemented our own NTP pool
(see https://www.instaclustr.com/apache-cassandra-synchronization/ which
references some really good and detailed posts from
logentries.com<http://logentries.com> on the potential issues).

Cheers
Ben

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 at 02:07 Michael Shuler