Hi Oliver,

Few years back I had a similar problem where there was a lot of data in
MySQL and it was starting to choke. I migrated data to Cassandra, ran
benchmarks and blew MySQL out of the water with a small 3 node C* cluster.
If you have a use case for Cassandra the answer is yes, but keep in mind
that there are some use cases like relational problems which can be hard to
solve with Cassandra and I tend to keep them in relational database. That
being said, I don't think you can benchmark these two head to head since
they basically solve different problems and Cassandra is distributed by
design.

Best,
Matija