Rahul,

Tomstone caused is on the Application driver side so even though they are
not using some of the Columns in their logic
waht they did is that they mentioned in driver logic that means if you are
updateting one Column so the rest of the Columns so the driver automatically
pick some nulls, internally behind the schnes cassandra threat them as a
Tombstones

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 12:58 PM, Rahul Singh <rahul.xavier.si...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Then don’t write nulls. That’s the root of the issue. Sometimes they
> surface from prepared statements. Othertimes they come because of default
> null values in objects.
>
> --
> Rahul Singh
> rahul.si...@anant.us
>
> Anant Corporation
>
> On Mar 13, 2018, 2:18 PM -0400, Madhu-Nosql <odba.ma...@gmail.com>, wrote:
>
> We assume that's becoz of nulls
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 12:58 PM, Rahul Singh <
> rahul.xavier.si...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Are you writing nulls or does the data cycle that way?
>>
>> --
>> Rahul Singh
>> rahul.si...@anant.us
>>
>> Anant Corporation
>>
>> On Mar 13, 2018, 11:48 AM -0400, Madhu-Nosql <odba.ma...@gmail.com>,
>> wrote:
>>
>> Rahul,
>>
>> Nodetool scrub is good for rescue, what if its happening all the time?
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 10:37 AM, Rahul Singh <
>> rahul.xavier.si...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Do you anticipate this happening all the time or are you just trying to
>>> rescue?
>>>
>>> Nodetool scrub can be useful too.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Rahul Singh
>>> rahul.si...@anant.us
>>>
>>> Anant Corporation
>>>
>>> On Mar 13, 2018, 11:29 AM -0400, Madhu-Nosql <odba.ma...@gmail.com>,
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I got few ways to Drop Tombstones- Chos Monkey/Zombie Data mainly to
>>> avoid Data Resurrection (you deleted data it will comes back in future)
>>>
>>> I am thinking of below options, let me know if you have any best
>>> practice for this
>>>
>>> 1.using nodetool garbagecollect
>>> 2.only_purge_repaired_tombstones