Enforce best practices to save yourself and your organization from system debt
brought on by bad practices compounded by bad practices because some people are
beyond reproach. See bad practices as they are and correct them.

TLDR;

I still stick with my initial recommendations. What you are talking about is an
administrative work around. A “simple” work around is empty strings. It’s not
ideal but it saves from tombstones.

If developers are not using technology properly enabling them to continue with
a work around on the administrative end allows them to shrug responsibility and
continue.

It may be a very simple fix on their end to save from potential risks, extra
ongoing work, and bad practices. This kind of “system debt” catches up. Better
to nip it now.

--
Rahul Singh
rahul.si...@anant.us