Hello All,

We have a 14 node Cassandra cluster 3.11.1. For some odd reason
intermittently we see the following error

ERROR [HintsDispatcher:1] 2018-04-06 16:26:44,423
CassandraDaemon.java:228 - Exception in thread
Thread[HintsDispatcher:1,1,main]
org.apache.cassandra.io.FSReadError: java.io.IOException: Digest
mismatch exception
at
org.apache.cassandra.hints.HintsReader$BuffersIterator.computeNext(HintsReader.java:298)
~[apache-cassandra-3.11.1.jar:3.11.1-SNAPSHOT]

The jar in question has the patch from bug

We are able get past the issue by running truncatehints

1. Could these new manifestation of the issue? Probably not related to bug above
2. Are there any tools which dump hints file content?
3. What are the implication of truncatehints? Sounds like there could
be data loss, but we have quoram for writes and reads, which means we
should enough replicas to reconstruct the data.

I am gathering more evidence on the issue would be happy to work with devs

Regards,
Vineet