IN cases where a table was dropped and re-added, there are now two table
directories with different uuids with sstables.

If you don't have knowledge of which one is active, how do you determine
which is the active table directory? I have tried cf_id from
system.schema_columnfamilies and that can work some of the time but have
seen times cf_id != table-<uuid>

I have also seen situations where sstables that don't have the
table/columnfamily are in the table dir and are clearly that active
sstables (they compacted when I did a nodetool compact)

Is there a way to get a running cassandra node's sstables for a given
keyspace/table and what table-<uuid> is active?

This is in a 2.2.x environment that has probably churned a bit from 2.1.x