On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 3:23 AM kurt greaves <k...@instaclustr.com> wrote:
> Yep. It might require a full node replace depending on what data is lost from
> the system tables. In some cases you might be able to recover from partially
> lost system info, but it's not a sure thing.

Ugh, does it really just boil down to what part of `system` happens to
be on the disk in question?  In my mind, that makes the only sane
operational procedure for a failed disk to be: "replace the entire
node".  IOW, I don't think we can realistically claim you can survive
a failed a JBOD device if it relies on happenstance.

--
Eric Evans
john.eric.ev...@gmail.com