Hi,

Looking at information you have provided, the increased CPU utilisation
could be because of repair running on the node.
Repairs are resource intensive operations.

Restarting the node should have halted repair operation getting the CPU
back to normal.

In case you regularly run repairs but have observed increase in CPU
utilisation first time,
it could be area of concern. Otherwise, repairs utilising extra CPU is
normal.

In some cases, repairs trigger additional operations e.g. compactions,
anti-compactions
These operations could cause extra CPU utilisation.
What is the compaction strategy used on majority of keyspaces ?

Talking about CPU utilisation *percentage*, although it has doubled but the
increase is 15%.
It would be interesting to know the number of CPU cores on these nodes to
judge the absolute increase in CPU utilisation.

You should try to find the root cause behind the behaviour and decide
course of action.
Effective use monitoring, logs can help you identify the root cause.

Regards,
Anup