Thanks Alex. We have 6 nodes in each DC with RF=3  with CL local qourum .
and we stopped and started only one instance at a time . Tough nodetool
status says all nodes UN and system.log says canssandra started and started
listening . Jmx explrter shows instance stayed down longer how do we
determine what caused  the Cassandra unavialbe though log says its stared
and listening ?