No connection timeouts? No tcp level retries? I am sorry truly sorry but
you have exceeded my capability. I have never seen a java.io timeout with
out either a session half open failure (no response) or multiple retries.

I am out of my depth, so please feel free to ignore but, did you see the
packets that are making the initial connection (which must have timed out)?
Out of curiosity, a netstat -arn must be showing bad packets, timeouts,
etc. To see progress, create a simple shell script that dumps date, dumps
netstat, sleeps 100 seconds, repeated. During that window stop, wait 10
seconds, restart the remove node.

<======>
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will,
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Ulysses - A. Lord Tennyson

*Daemeon C.M. Reiydelle*

*email: daeme...@gmail.com <daeme...@gmail.com>*
*San Francisco 1.415.501.0198/Skype daemeon.c.m.reiydelle*