Nodetool isn't really meant for monitoring usage.

There are a number of existing tools to grab and track jvm heap usage. Enable JMX and pull the info into something custom, or using a grafana template, for instance, which usually uses JMX internally.

ie. this one graphs heap usage historically: https://grafana.com/grafana/dashboards/5408

Kind regars,
Michael