It’s worth noting there can be issues with streaming between different
versions of C*. Note this excerpt from
https://thelastpickle.com/blog/2019/02/26/data-center-switch.html

Note that with an upgrade it’s important to keep in mind that *streaming in
a cluster running mixed versions of Casandra is not recommended*

Emphasis mine. With the approach you’re suggesting streaming would be
involved both during bootstrap and repair. Would it be possible to upgrade
to a more recent release prior to pursuing this course of action?

--

Christopher Bradford