You can configure which log levels get logged but you can't change the log
level of the log entries. For example if an entry is logged at DEBUG level,
you cannot reconfigure it to be logged at INFO since the levels are defined
in the code.

Also, I wouldn't disable debug logging if I were managing a cluster (but
I'm sure someone has a different preference). If there's a problem, it will
make it very difficult to troubleshoot and identify the cause. Most of
those messages were reconfigured to DEBUG level just so it wouldn't be so
noisy in the system.log. Cheers!