Hello.

Le jeu. 19 janv. 2023 à 16:34, Federico Grilli
<federico.gri...@magnolia-cms.com> a écrit :

> Hi everyone,
>
> is there anything the community could contribute to make 2.0 release happen
> soon?
>
> I've seen Gary Gregory has been quite active lately on the git repository and
> thought perhaps a release was in sight, although he seems to be the only
> maintainer so I was wondering if we could help somehow? :)

Yes, the "community" is entitled to contribute to the maintenance
of any of the several components that are part of the "Commons"
project. ;-)

For many years now, we've been faced with a persistent lack of
human resources.  The problem has been largely underestimated,
partly on the ground that we host supposedly "mature" code.
In turn, this qualifier has long stalled rejuvenation, until old cruft
became an obvious liability...

IMO, the project needs people who stick around for long enough
so that they become PMC members, and then continue to be able
to manage the release process of even just one component if/when
necessary.

Best regards,
Gilles