Hi.

Le mer. 1 févr. 2023 à 02:37, Alex O'Ree <alexo...@apache.org> a écrit :

> Hi i'm doing some maintenance work on the bsf library

Please move the discussion to the "dev" mailing list.

> which currently
> depends on a jexl 1.x. There's a few imports that aren't exactly resolving.
>
> import org.apache.commons.jexl.JexlContext;
> moved to import org.apache.commons.jexl3.JexlContext;
>
> import org.apache.commons.jexl.JexlHelper;
> unknown what happened to this but seems to have been removed in 2.x
>
> import org.apache.commons.jexl.Script;
> i think moved to import org.apache.commons.jexl3.JexlScriptScript;
>
> import org.apache.commons.jexl.ScriptFactory;
> not sure what this maps to in the current code base
>
> I found some notes in the release notes about a jexl-comat library but
> couldn't find it published anywhere. I also poked around the website
> looking for some kind of migration guide.
>
> Any pointers to how i can update this code base?

I'd be wary to release a new version of this component, using a
dependency that is more than 10 years old.
IMHO, the way to go is to depend on the lastest (i.e. supported)
version of JEXL.

Please post specific questions about upgrading the BSF codebase
using a "Subject:" line with the "[BSF]" prefix (on "dev@").[1]

Thanks,
Gilles

[1] There are dozens of components, sharing the same ML.