No, there is no such documentation but if you face difficulties, we'll gladly
help.

Found a trace of JEXL combat here:
https://apache.googlesource.com/commons-jexl/+/refs/heads/2.0-API-COMPAT/jexl2-compat/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/jexl

Time flies though, JEXL 3.3 is coming soon, JEXL3 was released in 2015, JEXL 2
was released in 2010 and JEXL 1 in 2006...