On 01.02.2023 09:49, sebb wrote:
On Wed, 1 Feb 2023 at 00:22, Alex O'Ree <alexo...@apache.org> wrote:
No problem. There was some activity on github.
Please note: That does not mean the component is being developed.
Dependabot runs on most components, and that generates traffic.
Also there may need to be changes to asf.yaml which affect all
components on github.
Etc. This is no indication that the component is being actively
maintained, as such changes need very little (if any) knowledge of the
component.

Well, I have been interesting in keeping BSF up and going.

I ran the owasp dependency
check thing against it and found a few issues, attempted to update some of
the dependencies (jython) and hit a bit of a snag. I'm not entirely sure
where to go from here. I'm not sure if anyone else has attempted this or
not.
Note that the component has a separate 3.x version, which is based on
JSR-223 - see https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-bsf/

I’m not entirely sure that either are still needed.

BSF 3.0, the open-source implementation JSR-223 (package javax.script) may not be needed anymore with OpenJDK containing it.