On 2/1/23 06:20, Alex O'Ree wrote:
I'm not sure I have commit permissions to that repo. It would be rather
rude of me to just commit to a project I've never supported before. IMO

All Apache committers are able to commit on the commons projects. There was an announcement a while back on that. Was a little surprised to see that access granted. I haven't made any commits there myself.

It would be a good idea to discuss any changes you are thinking of making on the dev list for commons to make sure they don't object to your plan. Or maybe they can help you come up with a better approach.

Thanks,
Shawn