On 01.02.2023 14:42, robertlazarski wrote:
On Wed, Feb 1, 2023 at 3:32 AM robertlazarski <robertlazar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

A couple years ago after using J2V8 - they only support Android now - we
moved to the Javet project that is Apache licensed.

On a scale of 1/10 I give it a 10. They do an impressive release about
once a month lately and most importantly they ship with the latest V8 which
is important for us.

If you need something else besides JS though I have no idea.

I forgot about GraalVM but the performance wasn't much better than Rhino
but it is a small improvement.

For us, Javet is by far the best one out there.

It seems that Google's J2V8 according to [1] does not support JSR-223/BSF, which is unfortunate as it breaks/ignores the Java scripting framework (BSF 3 would have allowed them to employ it in the Harmony days already).

Your complaints seem to be about the speed of different JavaScript implementations in Java, if I read that correctly, and that you have experienced that Google's JavaScript implementation is the fastest and the preferred one for you.

---rony

[1] J2V8: <https://eclipsesource.com/blogs/tutorials/getting-started-with-j2v8/>