Phil,

As Gary suggested,  I ran the maven install with the changes below using java 8, compiled correctly, and now has the correct dependency  (jakarta.transaction-api-2.0.1.jar).  Tested OK in my app.

(btw the commons parent on 2.10.0 is already at 60).

Recap, I replaced

<!-- For managed connections -->
<dependency>
      <groupId>jakarta.transaction</groupId>
      <artifactId>jakarta.transaction-api</artifactId>
      <version>1.3.1</version>
</dependency>

with

<dependency>
        <artifactId>geronimo-jta_1.1_spec</artifactId>
        <version>1.1.1</version>
        <optional>true</optional>
</dependency>

Cheers Greg