On Sun, Sep 24, 2023 at 10:28 AM Greg Huber <gregh3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Forgot to add, I use hibernate 6.

I suspect this is a side effect of the change to use the jakarta spec jar

In 2.10, we have

<dependency>
    <groupId>jakarta.transaction</groupId>
    <artifactId>jakarta.transaction-api</artifactId>
    <version>1.3.1</version>
</dependency>

vs

<dependency>
      <artifactId>geronimo-jta_1.1_spec</artifactId>
      <version>1.1.1</version>
      <optional>true</optional>
</dependency>

in 2.9.  What I don't get is where Greg's code is picking
up jakarta.transaction.Synchronization because the jakarta version we
"upgraded" to still exports the javax classes and these are what dbcp
uses.  Greg - does your code maybe bring in the 2.0 jakarta spec jar?

Phil