> From: jas...@bearriver.com
> Subject: Re: Login link missing in 1.5 with Window IE 8
> Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:16:33 -0800
> To: user@couchdb.apache.org
>
> Windows 7. IE 8.

Ouch. Well, you certainly _can_ use IE9 on that platform, and I tell my
enterprise customers to upgrade to the latest IE for our software and they have
no qualms with that. But, obviously, some enterprises have old crappy ActiveX
intranet apps they have to support, and those don't work well in IE9+.

This ought to be a simple fix if Futon otherwise works. Somebody surely has
written an indexOf polyfill.