I'm running an instance of Couchdb 1.3 on a CentOS VM.  All of the views I
have written for a certain db are now returning an error, previously they
were all working.  All the views return a "noproc" error and there is a
variety of gen_server, and get_state errors

An example log report:
[Wed, 12 Oct 2016 18:00:37 GMT] [error] [<0.963.536>] Uncaught error in
HTTP request: {exit,
                                                       {noproc,
                                                        {gen_server,call,
                                                         [<0.14655.0>,
                                                          {get_state,25695},
                                                          infinity]}}}
[Wed, 12 Oct 2016 18:00:37 GMT] [info] [<0.963.536>] Stacktrace:
[{io_lib_pretty,cind_tag_tuple,7},
                                  {io_lib_pretty,while_fail,3},
                                  {io_lib_pretty,print,6},
                                  {io_lib_format,build,3},
                                  {io_lib_format,build,3},
                                  {io_lib_format,build,3},
                                  {io_lib_format,build,3},
                                  {io_lib_format,build,3}]
[Wed, 12 Oct 2016 18:00:37 GMT] [info] [<0.963.536>] 172.20.9.25 - - GET
/to_record_mri/_design/record/_view/by_no_recorded_datetime?limit=11 500

I also get an error when I try to compact the view:
"The view could not be compacted. {gen_server,call,[<0.14655.0>compact]}"

However, if I open the code for one of the views that is returning an
error and save it under a new name, then *all* of the views in that design
document now work. But if I then delete that new duplicate view, all the
design doc views revert back to an error

thanks,
Karl

--
Karl Helmer, PhD