> We're in the position of needing couch_jwt_auth in our project, so
> can't also consider upgrading to version 2.0. I would be really happy
> if you made any progress in this direction. If I can be some help in
> testing let me know.

With the before mentioned patch and some modifications to
couch_jwt_auth I was able to get everything run smoothly.

Still need to update the build installation instructions for CouchDB
2.0 though. You can find my fork of couch_jwt_auth at

Besides now being compatible with CouchDB 2.0 it also adds validation
of JWT signed with RS256.