Hello together,

I've been reading through the mailing lists and the JIRA issues and
the issue came up already twice: There's currently no possibility for
configuring authentication_handlers for chttp like there was for http.

1) http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-user/201609.mbox/browser
2) http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201609.mbox/browser

The thing is: I'd love to test and use CouchDb 2.0 on our project,
however I do depend on a third-party authentication module

So I went ahead and went checking the sources (always handy to know at
least some erlang when you're using CouchDb!) and realized that it
would actually be pretty straight-forward to use the mechanism used in
couch_httpd.erl also for chttpd to make authentication_handlers
configurable and thus third-party auth modules available.

But before I start hacking away and send a pull-request I wondered if
there was a deeper reason for why this hasn't been done yet and which
I'm still ignoring/overseeing?

Thanks a lot in advance, and thanks a lot for the effort put into CouchDb,